MBA are proud to partner one of the Midlands most innovative technology organisations in their search for an experienced Reporting & Data Analyst on a permanent basis.
The role is Remote / Home working, office is based in Central Birmingham.
Working as part of the Business Intelligence & Reporting Team, the Reporting & Data Analyst is responsible for delivering business intelligence to customers and internal stakeholders using Qlik Sense.
The Reporting & Data Analyst will be responsible for analysing raw data to produce digestible, informed results that key stakeholders can use to make business decisions.
The role holder will be expected to use their own initiative, working with available tools and systems, to identify new opportunities and develop new analysis frameworks. They will be required to work closely with product managers, sales, operations and customers to develop new revenue streams, efficiencies and products in line with our overall strategy and goals.
The dashboards need to be built from the ground up, so extensive experience with data extraction and transformation scripts using Qlik Sense for complex data sets is essential.
Experience using N-Printing, extensions, mashups and integrating Qlik into other applications are all advantages for this role.
Candidates need a flair for intuitive design using Qlik Sense and have the confidence to demonstrate their applications to large audiences and senior management.
Reporting & Data Analyst – Responsibilities
The Reporting & Data Analyst will be responsible for the following activities:
- Collaborate with colleagues, suppliers and customers to create and sign off BI requirements
- Analyse and interpret multiple data sets, including complex data, to create integrated data models, dashboards and reports
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems utilising Qlik Sense
- Produce and present data to business stakeholders in a clear, concise and informed manner which can be used to make business decisions
- Work with accuracy and attention to details address data anomalies providing accurate information to stakeholders
- Effectively communicate with project team members and sponsors throughout the project lifecycle (status updates, gaps/risks, roadblocks, testing outcomes, etc.)
- Develop, monitor and maintain business forecasting models which support the business in managing risk
- Pro-actively seek process efficiencies and business opportunities within current and new data sources
- Support product development through integration of new data sources including telematics
- Support team administration tasks as required
- Assist with training new team members or multiskilling colleagues
Reporting & Data Analyst – Experience
- Worked previously in data analyst role or similar
- Proven ability to strategically develop complex, highly visible analytical dashboards from concept through implementation
- Strong background working with leading BI tools, specifically Qlik Sense and associated products
- Knowledge & experience of Data Warehousing / Data Lake / Business Intelligence strategies and architecture
- Can demonstrate track record of developing data models and analysis to support business goals
- Experience with telematics data and automotive/fleet industry preferable but not essential
- Get-it-done mindset with a strong bias towards action.
- Ability to translate ambiguous business problems into a conceptual analytical and technical architecture
- Proficient in conducting advanced statistical analyses, working with large data sets. Has demonstrated ability to apply statistical methodologies to identify value add to the business
Reporting & Data Analyst Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of developing in Qlik Sense and associated products
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and other commonly used office packages
- Good mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of programming languages including SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Qualifications within a relevant subject matter
- Ability to work on own initiative when required
Reporting & Data Analyst – Perks
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working / holidays
- Training and development opportunities
Salary: £30,000 / £40,000
For an informal discussion please contact
Mobile – 07714745850