Remote, Software Security Company, Start-up w/major financial backing!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Nicole Crosby
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $165,000 – $200,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our company was created so that video could be simpler. We were frustrated with platforms controlling our videos, so we decided to do something about it starting with a service that allows creators to edit, monetize, and distribute their videos to all of their platform channels, 100% free. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of the video creation, monetization, and distribution process, bettering the lives of all video creators + the experience for their viewership audiences. We’re backed by the early investors of Snapchat, Cameo, and Giphy that believe in our vision for the future of video, and we are aiming to build a company that powers every video for audiences everywhere.
Join our team as we continue to evolve our product to meet the needs of our creators, brand partners, end-user audiences, and provide a much-needed change to the way video is created, monetized, and consumed forever.
Why join us?
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on our Engineering team, you will leverage your strong programming abilities to continue to help build our video software marketplace from the ground up serving creators in editing, monetizing, and distributing their videos to all of their social video channels. As well as, our self-serving advertisement platform for video matching, monetization, and distribution on the brand partner side. You will use your well-demonstrated communication skills to collaborate with all engineering colleagues to build products quickly across all company departments. The ideal candidate we're looking for would be someone who has a desire to work across our stack in a full stack focused environment. If you are someone who is strong with NodeJS, proficient with React, and understand NextJS, we would love for you to apply.
This is a highly visible role, working closely with stakeholders across the company, including our Chief Executive Staff, User Experience, and Customer Success teams. You will be reporting directly to our Chief Technology Officer and will have a strong influence on the design of our products pre-development.
- Full-time, W2 employment
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive equity package
- Exposure to high-growth, VC-backed tech startup
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Create our in-app drag + drop video editing, music file additions, and other video features for our creators and brand partners.
- Maintain our third-party vendor code, such as Ads Manager APIs, Marketing APIs, Magic Links, video embed code, and other applications.
- Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality.
- Plan and lead frontend and backend testing for complex product developments.
- Provide time estimates and participate in agile development, all while tracking progress through development tickets in Trello.
- Review specifications and work with the Engineering team, Product Managers and UX Designers to implement lean methodology.
We’re Excited About You Because
- Minimum of 3+ of hands-on Full Stack Engineering experience in a production environment; preferably video web and mobile application experience as well.
- Proficient in NodeJS, React, NextJS, MongoDB, and HTML5/CSS3 in general.
- You have recent experience working as a Full Stack Software Engineer.
- You are able to debug issues quickly in a full stack environment.
- You prefer working within coding guidelines. You understand going rogue + coding outside of guidelines creates incredible tech debt. That means peer reviews, ample time to refactor code, and write tests.
- You are a culture fit. And we’re not just saying that. We put data where our mouth is. You are open to company culture assessments to help learn more about yourself + teammates.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.