THIS IS A HANDS-ON ROLE. WHILE WORKING ON THE ARCHITECTURE LEVEL, THE CANDIDATE WILL ALSO STILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO DEVELOP DATA MODELS, ETC. KNOWLEDGE OF CLOUD PLATFORMS WOULD BE BENEFICIAL. MUST HAVE P&C INSURANCE EXPERIENCE.
- Assess business needs and the current data architecture and build a strategy to deliver the vision in a cloud environment
- Coordinate and develop data architecture roadmaps and processes that ensure that the technological lifecycle is managed within the organization
- Plan effective and future-oriented data storage, sharing and publishing within the organization in alignment with the solution and enterprise architecture.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architects to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints (such as business, information and solution) to drive the technology architecture future state.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture and Global Platform teams to create a runway for designing and implementing new projects using existing and new data technologies
- Create next generation data architecture artifacts and models with inputs from a range of different business partners and technical team members
- Tactical Responsibilities:
- Produce Information models to support business case implementation in alignment with the IT security and quality guidelines.
- Compile technology/software development policies and setting standards in the realm of data
- Manage application assets and direct the development efforts within an enterprise to improve solution delivery and agility
- Collaborate with other leads in EIM to define requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Mentor a team of domain and technical leads.
- Communicate data architecture concepts and track progress towards the future state by working closely with the team
- Work closely with Modeling teams to develop, enhance, and maintain data warehouse and data mart logical & physical data models
- Determine impact to the Enterprise Data Model (EDM) and refine the EDM as needed as new applications or products are added
- Research data sources for new business data and better sources of data feeds
- Collaborate with Solution Architects to review application designs and ensure data model adherence and data standards
- 15+ years of work experience in enterprise discipline of Data Modeling, Data Engineering and/or Analytics delivery
- Prior knowledge of P&C Insurance business (must have)
- Hands on experience with data design concepts in Data warehousing, MDM, data quality, business reporting and dashboards
- Proficient with SQL dialects
- Proficient with technologies in analytics platforms, mastering, integrations and big data management.
- Good working knowledge of Analytics Delivery using Cognos, PowerBI, SSAS, SSRS, Azure Analysis Services
- Good knowledge of tools, methodologies and procedures in an agile framework.
- Customer focus with demonstrated customer engagement skills (relationship / team builder)
- Analytical (proven problem solver) skills and attention to detail
- Written and verbal communications skills to all levels of management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related fields