What You'll Do:
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop new features and enhance and support existing applications and programs.
- Work with business systems analysts and stakeholders to translate business to technical requirements and problem solve.
- Collaborate with project teams and cross functional teams to troubleshoot open issues and bug-fixes.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements.
- Write and maintain readable, sustainable, and efficient code in highly optimized and scalable architectures.
- Own applications from conception and design, to implementation and support.
- Debug and test code as needed.
- Create and update advanced technical documentation.
Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices of the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, testing, build and release engineering processes with focus on automation and end to end traceability.
- Working understanding of databases including writing and amending queries in Oracle, SQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL.
- Experience working in DevOps including continuous integration and continuous deployment using open source technologies like GIT, Jenkins, JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of end users and multiple management layers, including the ability to interact with vendors as needed.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights/weekends.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience working in a remote, virtual or work-from-home environment.
- Remote, USA – This role can be remote, virtual or work-from-home anywhere in the United States.
- Additional Locations: Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Chicago, IL, Boston, MA, Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Colorado Springs, CO, Raleigh, NC, Tampa, FL, Huntsville, AL, Columbus, OH, Durham, NC, Jacksonville, FL, Baltimore, MD, Springfield, MO, St Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO, Bentonville, AR, Oklahoma City, OK, Minneapolis, MN
- O'Reilly Auto Parts IT department provides services to our corporate office, 5,700+ stores, 28 distribution centers and 80,000 + team members.
- We have over 800 IT team members supporting 250+ small, medium and large web and software applications in addition to third party packages.
- We provide a collaborative environment and encourage knowledge sharing.
- We respect a healthy work-life balance and offer remote, virtual or work-from-home opportunities.
- Our teams keep open communication through video conferencing, team messaging and daily stand-ups.
- Our leadership values collaboration and encourages team members to bring creative problem-solving ideas from both a technical and functional perspective.
- We have several career paths, whether you want to be an individual contributor, manager, project manager, or stay technical – there's a documented growth plan to help you follow the path you choose.
- We want to grow our people – we help to make you better by providing training for both technical and professional development.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service.