Specialist Software Engineer
What you will do:
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will you work alongside Solution Architects, Technical Architects, and Business Analysts to design, develop, and deploy large-scale enterprise solutions all while learning and growing your skill set.
- Apply standard methodologies and experience to build, develop and customize Salesforce.com applications
- Develop and maintain customizations for solution delivery utilizing Salesforce Lightning, MuleSoft, DocuSign and Conga platforms
- Configure and model the Salesforce.com application based on the business needs
- Contribute to the technical configuration of standard and custom objects and APIs.
- Communicate software and system designs using UML, Lucidchart or other modeling tools and software.
- Apply abstractions and use service-orientated architecture to build for scalability
- Develop test cases and automation to validate business logic and avoid production issues
- Deploy software by following platform release guidelines and change control processes in accordance with release schedules
- Work closely with members of the Product team, and cross-functionally with business and other IS partners using Agile principles
- Work in a fast-paced changing environment, under pressure, balancing multiple assignments simultaneously
- Research Salesforce.com capabilities as needed to suit business needs and conduct gap analysis
- Develop estimates for projects
What we expect of you:
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The experienced professional we seek is a skilled developer and problem solver with these qualifications.
- Experience in Software Engineering and Development
- Strong learning agility, ability to pick up new technologies
- Solid experience working with agile methodology & DevOps (Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub) frameworks with successful experience working in a collaborative team environment
- A thorough understanding of web services, data modeling, and enterprise application integration concepts – including experience with implementing Salesforce Platform Events, Salesforce Integrations with MuleSoft, Conga and DocuSign
- Salesforce Advanced Administration, Developer, certification strongly preferred
- Data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization, and database technologies (R, Spotfire, Tableau, Python, and others)
- Established habit of proactive thinking and behavior and the desire and ability to self-start/learn and apply new technologies
- Expertise with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills including context-specific and adaptive communication / presentation skills across a variety of audiences
- Experience with MuleSoft and Capado preferred
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.