Remote Java Developer
We are pleased to be working with one of the UK's leading gaming companies who are looking to hire a fully remote Java Developer. As a developer you will be at the heart of the technological revolution of one the world's most trusted and recognised gaming companies.
As a Java Developer you will be responsible for developing high-volume, low-latency programs for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance as well as working closely with architects to be involved in the design process of programmes.
Your Other Roles Within the team
- Assist with change management, capacity planning and emergency response as an expert of the run time environment and business logic behaviour.
- Give input and contribute to monitoring & alerting requirements and implementation.
- Prepare and perform releases of software components.
- Help develop & maintain your team CI/CD needs.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Translate non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences.
Please note the role requires you to have experience in the following fields but does not necessarily require experience in the gaming industry.
- 5+ years of Java development experience, strong interest in problem solving, strong analytical skills & independence
- Spring Boot experience
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (Hazelcast, Redis’)
- Experience in developing highly scalable REST microservices for Java platform.
- Strong understanding of core Java
- Good understanding of JVM, including analysing performance problems and finding optimization opportunities (ability to read GC logs, GC tuning, memory usage’)
- Distributed computing: Load balancing, Caching, CAP theorem
- Experience with managing high load performance applications: monitoring on all layers from CPU to application metrics
- Understanding of common design patterns.
For your work you will be remunerated with the market day rate and if you would like to be part of this exciting team please apply below.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.