The Data Engineer I will assist in the design, evaluation, and construction of systems that support Master Data projects across the organization. This includes data cleaning, preparation, and ETL. The Data Engineer I will work with the appropriate technology and software engineering solutions to facilitate real time service and data quality process development and maintenance. This position will collaborate directly with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Architects and other integrating application technical team members.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop internal API's for other application teams to interact with Master Data.
- Support and maintain data pipelines on a per project basis.
- Move, structure, encode, and condense data from disparate database systems and formats.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Develop knowledge of best practices and advancement in Master Data.
Other Job Functions
- Develop understanding of root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Learn best practices to develop real time integration techniques to address business needs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics.
- Moderate SQL experience along with knowledge of database design and optimization.
- Moderate Java, Rest and API development experience.
- Proper SDLC management with Git and Bitbucket for releases.
- Good communication skills and the desire to learn and work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with fundamental machine learning algorithms and associated concepts.
- Basic understanding of Python for data analysis.
- Knowledge of cloud based engineering.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service.