Your role and impact
This greenfield role is an opportunity to build an algorithmic trading architecture from the ground up. You’ll work with a talented, small, and interdisciplinary team to relentlessly extract alpha from the burgeoning cryptocurrency marketplace. At this firm, you’ll define the role and face zero red tape, making your contributions to the success and profitability of the fund clear and unambiguous.
- Collaborate with the fund’s lead quantitative researcher to extract, encode, transform, and/or reduce for datasets that support multivariate factor modeling.
- Architect and construct a seamless but modular platform to handle all aspects of quant trading, fusing data flow and trade execution across multiple centralized exchanges and on-chain protocols.
- Source, evaluate, and productionize alternative datasets with potentially leading latent information against time series objectives.
- Develop tools for aggregating and displaying market and trade data to enable rapid decision-making, portfolio modeling, and alpha generation.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Physics (or related) from a top-tier institution.
- 3-5 years experience in Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas libraries), C++/Java (Object Oriented programming paradigm), cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc), SQL/RDBMS, Linux.
- Demonstrated experience designing and building high-performance, low latency trading systems that work in the real world (or equivalent engineering work).
- Self-Starter: Insatiable appetite for building knowledge and experience in cryptocurrency, Web3, blockchain technology.
- Experience working with distributed computing and data storage systems.
- High degree of communication skills, analytical intuition, directed curiosity, multitasking ability, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and conceptualize abstractly articulated goals into quantitatively provable objectives for self-guided execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with a multidisciplinary team and able to describe both the methodologies and conclusions of potentially sophisticated technical concepts at both expert and non-technical levels.
Phobos cultivates a creative, congenial atmosphere well suited for individuals committed to their personal and professional growth. While rapid advancement is a regular occurrence within the firm, our measure of success also includes how we help our employees prepare for their next steps. Our team members have been hired to ARK Invest, Cambrian Digital, and others.
Phobos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.