Join our team of over 5,000 employees globally, who provide the insights through data and next generation technology that help millions of people find, buy and protect the homes they love. From the beginning, CoreLogic has been driven by a single purpose to innovate and create solutions that solve our clients’ toughest challenges in the housing market. CoreLogic is the trusted source for property intelligence, with deep knowledge of powerful economic, social, and environmental forces that promote healthy housing markets and thriving communities.
We apply that same dedication to creating a diverse and inclusive work culture that inspires innovation and bold thinking. A place where individuals can work on small teams, feel valued, and directly impact the real estate industry. We believe our team members are the best in the business, and we will continue to recruit, retain, develop and reward our most important asset our people!
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our diverse and dynamic global risk management team in Oakland, CA. The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for assuring the quality of our suite of distributed catastrophe models e.g. risk models for earthquake, flood, hurricane, wildfire, etc. This work will require you to work closely with scientists/modelers to design and implement tests using a variety of techniques. You will be responsible for validation and verification of new and updated models and components, and regression testing.
Job duties include:
- Work with product managers and scientists/modelers to understand the technical requirements and to design and implement tests for catastrophe models
- Estimate the effort required to perform comprehensive quality assurance for new and existing models
- Monitor and report to management on the status of quality assurance efforts, anticipate/identify issues that inhibit the attainment of quality assurance goals, and implement corrective actions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or relevant quantitative field) plus three years of experience, or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or relevant quantitative field)
- 5+ Experience with validating quantitative models in engineering, science, catastrophe modeling, finance, insurance, etc.
- Experience in writing and using SQL and understanding relational databases
- Experience with large datasets analysis and manipulation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with scripting in Python and/or R
- Ability to identify patterns and make thorough observations from quantitative data
The following are desirable:
- Experience with R or Python statistical packages
- Experience with C#
- Experience with GCP or AWS
- Experience with GIS and working with spatial data (also working with QGis or ArcGis)
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
CoreLogic's Diversity Commitment
CoreLogic is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences and values. We offer an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. We are better together when we support and recognize our differences.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Please apply on our website for consideration.
By providing your telephone number, you agree to receive automated (SMS) text messages at that number from CoreLogic regarding all matters related to your application and, if you are hired, your employment and company business. Message & data rates may apply. You can opt out at any time by responding STOP or UNSUBSCRIBING and will automatically be opted out company-wide.
Connect with us on social media! Click on the quicklinks below to find out more about our company and associates.