As an Engineer (Python), youll join one of our Engineering teams, creating great products by interpreting and followingbest practice architectural and engineering principles, operatingframeworks,and new and improved tech applications and solutions. Using Python, and Apache Kafka, youll contribute towards the design and development of large-scale, high performance services, microservices and event driven architecture.
Youll be passionate about one or more of the programming languages in our ecosystem, such as Python, ReactJS and Java, and with your technical craft, curiosity and experimentation, youll use judgement to apply specific techniques to deliver focused outcomes that support our customers.
Wed also like you to be yourself analytical, curious and unafraid to learn new skills or challenge the status quo.?Youll constantly strive to improve the way things are done in your team, contributing asa progressive member of theengineeringcommunity.
More about the role:
- Using Python, Apache Kafka, and tools and frameworks like Django and Flask, youll contribute towards the design and development of large-scale, high performance services, microservices and event driven architecture. This includeswebsites, apps, microservices and event driven architecture
- Design and build cleanly-coded, maintainable solutions to satisfy business needs
- Youll work with cloud andcontainertechnologies such as Kubernetes on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Engineering throughout the whole product lifecycle, including decommissioning
- Share your specialist knowledge with other team members to support their development
- Actively support our Agile ceremonies and processes
- Support what we create by taking responsibility for the work that you do
- Take an active part in our technical knowledge sharing initiatives
- Typical Technologies in our stack for this role:Python, PyTest, Flask, GraphQL, Terraform, Apache Kafka, AWS/SQS/Lambda, Docker, and others.
- We keep track of everything using Git, Jira & Confluence. We have a microservices mindset.
More about you
- Solid software engineering skills TDD, clean code, and best practices
- Good knowledge of distributed systems and microservice architecture
- Previous experience creating web services in Python
- Understanding of cloud services and what they offer (AWS or Azure)
- Previous experience in an Agile team using CI/CD
- Existing knowledge of development in the context of large-scale enterprise IT
- Enthusiasm for all things technology and a desire to learn more
This can be based mostly remotely with a need to visit the offices for meetings/training. The office locations are London, Manchester, Milton Keynes and Coventry