About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer. EFT Technology team is building a new application to serve price reconciliation process for enterprise Finance. The application seeks to build best-in-class capabilities including robust data context and lineage, controls and audit trail, dynamic threshold capabilities using Machine Learning, facilitating independent price calculation for derivatives, as well as high level of automation to ensure reliability in workflow.
In this role, you will:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of application development experience
- 2+ years of hands on Python experience
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 2+ years of experience in application & data architecture and solution design
- 1+ years of experience working with Relationship Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- 1+ years of secure SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies experience
- 1+ years of web development experience using all versions of Angular
- 1+ years of experience with web service development, REST and Service Oriented Architecture
- 1+ years of experience with Azure/Google cloud/Pivotal/AWS
- 1+ years of experience with Big Data technology such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, Elastic Search
- 1+ years of experience with frameworks for development and automated testing, Junit, and knowledge of Test driven and Business driven development.
Python Application Development
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.