CHICAGO Investment Shop! Hiring Data Engineers
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Ryan Kilroy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $135,000 – $225,000 per year
A bit about us:
Founded in 1980, we are a privately held global markets proprietary trading firm. We trade successfully by using the unique talents we have been blessed with. We use next generation technology to capture opportunities around the world and manage risk in financial markets. We have an entrepreneurial culture and collaboratively develop our business with patience and discipline; we work hard, learn constantly, and relentlessly improve our expertise.
TMG is a meritocracy with a team oriented collaborative and entrepreneurial culture. We have the intensity and passion of a technology start up while maintaining the stability and storied history of a respected member of the global financial system.
The opportunity before our team is enormous. Trading organizations around the world extract hundreds of billions of dollars in profits each year for the service of facilitating risk transfer and restoring order to prices that inform all economic decisions. The markets will always need liquidity providers; our job is to be the best.
Why join us?
- Support and enhance the firm’s non-latency systems and data mart. This hands-on role will collaborate with all departments at TransMarket Group to complete goals in the following areas: Finance, risk, accounting, compliance, clearing, operations, portfolio financing.
- Design, implement, and support software solutions that provide a unique insight into the firm’s operations.
- Work with various teams across the firm to understand system requirements and needs
- Quickly respond to ad hoc data and reporting requests
- Enhance existing surveillance and alerting infrastructure
- This position requires physical presence and is onsite (no remote work).
- Strong knowledge of Python required; Pandas is a plus
- Database design and support is a plus, basic SQL required
- Knowledge of RESTful API design
- Solid understanding of data structures & containers
- Basic Linux and source control (git) understanding
- Familiarity with data warehousing and mining
- Dashboard design and data visualization a plus
- BSc/MS in Computer Science and/or related fields
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.