Experis, a ManpowerGroup company, has an exciting contract opportunity with one of our key clients, which is the leading financial services-based company in the US. It operates a brokerage firm, manages a large family of mutual funds, and provides fund distribution and investment advice, retirement services, index funds, wealth management, cryptocurrency, securities execution and clearance, asset custody, and life insurance.
Job Title: Python Cloud Engineer
Duration: 12+ Months (Possible Extension)
Location: Durham, NC (Hybrid)
Our Cloud Engineering team collaborates with our architects to design and build our foundational cloud components and frameworks. Through innovation and engineering excellence, we forge the path to harness the power of the cloud for all of Workplace Investing's engineers. We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated Cloud Engineer with strong programming fundamentals, software design, and practices to help enable our journey to the Cloud!
In this role, you will join our hardworking team of engineers, crafting and building the applications that propel our business to harness the power of the Cloud.
The Expertise You Have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technology-related field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Expert in object-oriented Python-based web services
- Certifications preferred: AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, or AWS SysOps Administrator
- Passion for excellence, automation, innovation, and collaboration
- Eager to learn new technologies, and ways of working, and to adapt every day.
- Bring curiosity and a questioning mindset to work, injecting new points of view into the team
- Ability to triage, complete root cause analysis, and be decisive under pressure
- Ability to creatively solve new, exciting problems in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner and build and maintain effective relationships
- Hands-on experience building and deploying applications using a variety of Amazon Web Services (primarily Cloud Formation, serverless, compute, container, and database services)
- Full-stack development experience across distributed applications and services
- Ability to apply design patterns and object orientation to solutions
- Exposure to Unix shell and PowerShell scripting
- Experience implementing the Software Development Lifecycle in an agile environment
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Concourse preferred)
- The team is also responsible for moving the entire application to AWS Cloud / Snowflake.
- Part of this migration includes migration from OBIEE to new compatible tool (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.).
- The role demands significant collaboration with members of various business and IT groups throughout the lifecycle of a typical project.
- Our engineering team is innovative, diverse, and hardworking.
- We work in a very dynamic agile environment.
The top MUST have skills:
- Python – expert-level AWS
Nice to have skills:
- AWS Cert is a plus