About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineer to be part of a team that enables analytical platform and tools for Quantitative Modelers & Data Scientists. This team works closely with Quants Modelers and Data Scientists in providing tools and libraries to use as part of model development.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in projects associated with the technology domain, including installation, upgrades, and deployment efforts
- Identify opportunity for service quality and availability within the technology domain environment
- Review and analyze technical assignments or challenges that are related to low to medium risk deliverables and that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternative technology domains
- Present recommendations for resolving issues or may escalate issues as needed to meet established service level agreements
- Exercise independent judgment while also developing understanding of given technology domain in reference to security and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with technology colleagues, internal partners, and stakeholders
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ Years of Big Data Experience
- 2+ Years of Python, PySpark Experience
- 2+ Years of Hadoop Administration Experience
- Familiarity with CI/CD Pipelines, Working with major projects handling Big Data: Jenkins, Sonar Cube, Blackduck, uDeploy, Artifactory
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and Technology Team members.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology performance: analysis and tuning for applications.
- Financial Industry Experience
- Ability to work during shifts as needed.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.