Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Process & Energy is recruiting for a Project Data Analyst to support our Glasgow office based team. This is a permanent staff role that would be predominantly working from home with one day per week based at our Glasgow office.
- Collects, integrates, consolidates and migrates data from multiple and different types of sources so it can be put in one place for use in analysis models to discover business insights.
- Develops, constructs, tests and maintains architectures, including assets such as Microsoft Dataverse tables, Microsoft SharePoint lists and libraries, and Microsoft Power BI Dataflows and Datasets.
- Analyses and interprets data, including KPI trending and benchmarking.
- Adds value by building Power BI reports and dashboards used by project management, project controls, engineering, HSE and quality teams to help them drive delivery of EPC projects.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and select relevant information to enable analysis of key themes and trends using primary data sources and business intelligence tools
- Interface with multidisciplinary team to generate and collate data; creates data sets by extracting large amounts of raw data from multiple different operational systems and copying into a data warehouse, application or database system
- Cleans data to identify and remove human, machine or instrument errors, validate records, apply formatting and remove non-useful data.
- Transforms data by converting data from its previous forms into a new form that can be placed in a database, using rules, lookup tables etc
- Use Microsoft Power BI software to analyse and interpolate the data to identify areas requiring additional investigation, and add value by generating project specific data summaries, reports and dashboards to effectively communicate data to internal and external clients.
- Play a key role in our growing Data Analytics team, delivering the goal of helping clients turn data into useful information to form the basis of decisions
- Provide a technical point of contact for internal and external clients, supporting their data analytics requirements
- Provide the technical knowledge and solutions to deliver integrated data analysis and reporting against varying requirements and scopes
- Working on technology Proof of Concepts to improve data capture, storage, rationalisation, analysis, reporting & visualisation capabilities
- Provide clients with advice and increasing workshare and work winning
- Development and deployment of key tools and techniques using digital platforms and applications.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a data-oriented field like Software Engineering, Statistics, or Computer Science and / or a qualification in Mechanical, Electrical or Process engineering is preferred but not essential.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Understanding of how 21st century EPC and O&M projects are conducted is essential, in particular how data plays a part in driving project delivery and solving the problems of project managers, project controls and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis.
- Proven application of skills and ability to design effective reports or dashboards to help drive the delivery of project teams, and inform data driven decision making.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Power BI, including Power BI Dataflows, PL-300 Certification would be a big advantage.
- Experience in ETL of data from files, databases and APIs
- Understanding of data modelling best practices e.g. normalisation, schematisation etc
- Understanding of software development practices
- Understanding of software development methodologies e.g. Scrum, Kanban etc
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Microsoft Power Apps
- Experience in Microsoft Power Automate
- Experience in Microsoft Dataverse
- Experience in Microsoft SharePoint, in particular creating and maintaining SharePoint Lists and Document Libraries.
- Experience of estimating, planning and delivering to short to medium range timescales within the framework of projects
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation including experience of communicating technical information to a non-technical audience
- Be a critical thinker with strong analytical, critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Have an ability to interpret findings and identify key insights to communicate to a non-technical audience
- Have demonstrated experience building relationships with internal and/or external clients
- Be passionate about delivering high quality work
- Pro-active, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and committed to delivering first class services
- Able to work autonomously
- A desire to develop new skills and stay up to date with the latest developments in data analytics.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.