Delivery Practice Manager (DevOps)
Do you have IT consulting leadership experience deploying technology and IT transformations within Fortune 500 enterprise organizations across infrastructure technologies, disciplines, practices and transformations? Have you built and led successful consulting practices? Do you have broad technical skills and experience across all aspects of DevOps such as agile frameworks, automation and CI/CD engineering? Can you build and lead a DevOps focused technical specialty team to deliver new capabilities to our enterprise customers?
The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is looking for Delivery Practice Managers (DPM) that can manage, develop and guide customers in their adoption of AWS Cloud solutions, including innovative solutions around DevOps. A DPM will focus on a geography and a set of technical specialties, and will manage a team of direct reports. The DPM will develop a long-term plan to develop the right skills across its team. The team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
· Hire, develop and retain top talent. Set objectives, manage performance and coach your team to help them achieve their career goals.
· Oversee delivery of projects, ensure high quality, on time and on budget delivery and customer satisfaction. Mitigation of delivery risks and issues.
· Manage a Professional Services team with a specific focus on resource planning and delivery.
· Engage with enterprise customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio.
· Work with Customer Segment Teams to develop bold cloud strategies for enterprise customers.
· Engage with customers actively leveraging Technical or IT Advisory / IT Transformation skills to support project delivery.
• Solid’ hands on experience delivering business value to customers with DevOps solutions
• Has presented to Sr. Managers/Directors as well as to technical subject matter experts. Routinely engages at these levels with customers, as well as with their consulting partners
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Deep understanding of cloud computing change management challenges and solutions
• Deep and advanced experience and understanding of leading Agile ecosystems (SAFE, Scrum, Kanban) and Lean systems thinking.
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required. Scrum Master experience a plus
• Able to lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
• Demonstrated creativity and ability to develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Business Administration
· One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
· Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
· Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift
· Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment.
· Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
· Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Skills required: Change Management, Cloud Computing, Computer Science, Distributed Computing, Engineering, Evaluating, Infrastructure, Leadership, Management, Other
Technologies required: AWS, S3
Date: January 07, 2022
Delivery Practice Manager (DevOps)