A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re driven to solve the world's most critical and challenging problems, and believe that building software to enable human decision making is the most effective vector. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more.
The Privacy and Civil Liberties (PCL) team is a mission-driven interdisciplinary team of Software Engineers, Product Designers, Lawyers, and Applied Ethicists. The goal of the PCL team is to design, build, and deploy privacy and civil liberties protective technologies, and to foster a culture of responsibility around their development and use. Our team successfully manages multiple internal and external commitments simultaneously while navigating complex and nuanced political environments with care. We have deep expertise in privacy law and technology ethics, and are able to translate legal and ethical requirements into practical technical products.
As a Software Engineer on the Privacy and Civil Liberties (PCL) team, you will join a team responsible for designing and building world-leading software that enables Palantir and its customers to meet legal requirements and ethical obligations while achieving mission-critical outcomes. We manage our own suite of privacy enhancing technologies as well as collaborate closely with product teams to ensure privacy considerations are integrated at all levels of Palantir platforms. We also engage externally with customers and academia to ensure we remain engaged in solving cutting edge privacy issues. In this role, you will need to understand and stay up to date on rapidly changing socio-technical environments, and developing actionable technical solutions.What We Value
- Strong engineering background, preferably in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics, or Data Science.
- Ability to design, implement, and scale intuitive privacy-enhancing products for diverse user groups.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, front-end frameworks, and/or other technical tools
- Ability to collaborate and empathize with a variety of individuals. You can iterate with users and non-technical stakeholders and understand how your technical decisions impact them
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Experience in any of the following domains a plus: security, machine learning techniques, machine learning driven applications, machine learning infrastructure and/or internet of things
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.