Principal Statistician -Translational Medicine And Early Development Statistics (TMEDS)
We are recruiting for a Principal Statistician to join the Translational Medicine and Early Development Statistics (TMEDS) team to support our Cardio-Vascular& Retinal therapeutic area. The position may be located in High Wycombe, United Kingdom, or Beerse, Belgium. Are you ready to join our team? Then please read further!
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
TMEDS is a critical part of the Quantitative Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is focused on research conducted during drug discovery and early clinical development, before the compound advances to larger confirmatory clinical trials. In this position the Principal Statistician will provide statistics support to Cardio-Vascular & Retinal disease projects in the early clinical phase. The primary responsibilities include collaborating with project team members on trial design, data analysis, and the interpretation and clear communication of results. An in-depth knowledge of statistics, modeling, and statistical computing are essential to this role, as is the use of statistics in decision-making.
We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our exciting TMEDS team as Principal Statistician.
In This Role You Will:
- Take a lead in providing statistics support to trial design, modeling, analysis planning, analysis execution, interpretation, and statistical communications. Perform statistical functions for submission related activities where appropriate.
- Be an evolving leader for providing input to project teams in terms of optimizing trial designs in line with study or indication level objectives and support scenario simulations and sample size calculations based on relevant technical and disease/scientific/functional area knowledge.
- Be accountable for execution of individual project responsibilities, including meetings with vital project team members, reporting activities, exploratory analyses and graphics, and contribution to scientific publications.
- PhD. in Statistics or related field with at least 3 years of relevant clinical trials experience, or a Master’s in Statistics or a related field with commensurate years of experience.
- Evidence of statistical leadership and a consistent track record of scientific achievement and project influence. Analytical mind-set, intellectual curiosity, eager for continuous learning and passionate about translating data into business-critical evidence. Ability to work autonomously as well as to work in interdisciplinary contexts outside statistics. Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English language are required.
- Proficiency in SAS or R programming required.
- Willingness for occasional domestic/international travel.
Discover Whats In It For You!
- Contributing to our mission to continue to bring groundbreaking new medicines to patients for a world without disease.
- Being part of a motivated and experienced team in an innovative and diverse working environment.
- Through mentoring programs, e-university and on the job training, we ensure your personal development in a global company.
- A competitive salary, flexible working hours, on-site sport accommodations, health/energy programs and other benefits for you and your family