Landmark Health is hiring a new Principal Software Engineer with experience building and maintaining enterprise software applications. In this role you will work on an agile scrum team building new capabilities while also triaging, troubleshooting and fixing production issues for Ubiquity; which is Landmark Health’s in house developed EHR that powers the business. You will also be a thought leader on the team driving innovation across the technology stack and creating novel processes to efficiently build and delivery Ubiquity with enterprise level quality, scalability and performance. Mentoring and growing the skills and capabilities of your fellow engineers will key to your success in this role.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for designing, developing, coding, unit testing, and debugging a complex enterprise software product
- Build high-quality scalable and predictable WPF applications on the Microsoft technology stack and maintain applications using C#
- Troubleshoot business-critical application issues and problems with the required sense of urgency, identify root cause, document corrective actions, code the necessary fixes and recommend future preventive actions
- Perform ‘current state’ analysis to determine the baseline of product performance, reliability, security and scalability. Develop a ‘target state’, perform gap analysis, identify areas of improvement and develop a roadmap to resolve gaps
- Drive design, development and deployment of product architecture based on the roadmap
- Research emerging technologies and support software solutions to various problems
- Support and monitor platform modernization initiatives from legacy systems to new solutions and recommend solutions to improve existing systems
- Design, develop, test and deploy software components for existing and future products, covering functional and non-functional aspects like security and performance
- Developing technical design documentation to guide future software development projects
- Perform root cause analysis for issues and provide effective and timely resolution
- Contribute to team growth by providing advice, mentoring and coaching to other engineers with positivity and enthusiasm
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and effectively present them to decision-makers
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 10+ years of development experience with technologies such as C#, Microsoft .Net, .Net Core, WPF
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience designing, developing and delivering software at an enterprise scale
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction
- Proven experience implementing software life cycle management (requirements, design, develop, test, validate, deploy)
- Demonstrated capability of working with a global team including offshore teams for development and production issues
- Expertise analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Proven record initiating and leading change – both technical and process
- Demonstrates an ability to function in a creative, entrepreneurial environment and think outside the box
- Experience in MongoDB and SQL query execution and script skills
- Knowledge of domain driven design or other applicable high level patterns
- Solid foundation in micro-services and REST API design
- Skilled in the unique challenges of healthcare software, specifically EMR/EHR systems
- Background with full functionality windows applications which work offline and periodically synchronize data from a central data store
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.