Investment Compliance Technology team is seeking a Senior Java/Scala lead to work on the development of a brand-new Compliance Monitoring product. This is a highly concurrent system performing complex real time calculations all within a sub-second SLA!
We are looking for a technical leader with strong engineering focus and passion for building complex distributed systems.
Role will also involve growing a strong engineering team that could challenge the status quo and build next generation applications for Asset Management.
Durham, Merrimack, Boston, Smithfield
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 10+ years of experience developing in Java
- Proficient in Scala with at least 2+ years of hands on experience
- Thorough knowledge of the Akka framework.
- Extensive working experience in Rest based Microservices built using frameworks like Spring, Mybatis etc.
- Working knowledge of Event driven systems using Kafka Messaging platform.
- Working experience in Cloud based infrastructure and Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices.
- Understanding of the Asset Management (specifically Compliance) domain is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile team.
- You have great collaboration skills and can work with different partners and drive business solutions.
- Out of the box problem solving skills and willingness to learn and experiment new technologies
- Proactive working style with ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities at once.
- Possess good inter-personal skills and can articulate your thoughts and questions clearly.
- You have the ability to lead and mentor team with compassion.
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. We are an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally.
Our team s build products and capabilities that continue to distinguish our brand as the best customer experience in the financial services industry.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.