Join a team helping millions of customers achieve their financials dreams. Our product area comprises teams focused on providing technical solutions for our Managed Accounts business. These solutions are available for our advisors as well as on platforms like Fidelity.com. We're looking for highly motivated, hard-working and inquisitive product-aware engineers, who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment helping us deliver the best Managed Solution's products.
The Purpose of Your Role
As a principal API software engineer, your primary role will be designing, building, testing, and engineering Node.js based GraphQL and REST API s on our Client Investment Analytics Platform. You will lead in defining and implementing class leading engineering solutions for our technology products; demonstrating engineering excellence to the rest of the team. You are encouraged to quickly gain an understanding of all the components of our platform contributing to strategic roadmaps and initiatives.
The Expertise We re Looking For
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7+ years hands on software developer passionate about engineering excellence, highly focused, innovative, self-starter, collaborator, and someone who s eager to learn and mentor every day.
- Extensive experience in a micro-service architecture solutioning for scalability, availability, intelligent monitoring, performance, and how to design proactively to avoid them.
- Skilled in all aspects of software development lifecycle including API design, development, testing, deployment and support
- Ability to work with others, helping prioritize the work based on strategic nature, importance, and impact.
- Work with an agile team leading the development of extensible and scalable services supporting the product owner's product roadmap
- Ensure existing engineering practices are followed and helping set new ones when needed.
- Lead the identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of complex problems within the production and nonproduction environment.
- Ensure a robust code review process is in place and followed consistently.
- Proactively lead process and technology improvement initiatives.
The Value You Deliver
- Understand the leadership vision and lead the execution of that vision.
- Bringing a demeanor of experimentation and innovation; mentoring others on the team
- Find creative ways to get things done, and do them right
- Further a culture of best in class software engineering practices
- A drive for learning and keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
- Help maintain the high level of integrity in the team
- Take ownership and accountability for figuring out what needs to be done
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Client Solutions Technology chapter area provides development and support of the platforms and capabilities for Wealth Management and Digital Planning & Advice business domains. Being a senior technologist in this team, you will have a direct and positive impact on Fidelity s customers.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.