Designs, develops, and implements Big Data Analytics applications in a financial services environment, using Hadoop, Python, Greenplum, Sqoop, Hive QL, Unix scripting, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Designs and architects technical solutions to build next generation data and analytics platforms. Designs, develops, and implements data processing pipelines (ETL) to transform data, using Snowflake and AWS native services. Performs Dimensional or Data Vault data modeling. Provides technical leadership in the migration of data and analytics platforms from Oracle to Snowflake. Uses business knowledge to translate the vision for divisional initiatives into business solutions by developing complex or multiple software applications and conducting studies of alternatives. Analyzes and recommends changes in project development policies, procedures, standards, and strategies to development experts and management.
- Participates in architecture design teams.
- Defines and implements application level architecture.
- Develops applications on complex projects, components, and subsystems for the division.
- Recommends development testing tools and methodologies and reviews and validates test plans.
- Responsible for QA readiness of software deliverables.
- Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or subsystems.
- Establishes full project life cycle plans for complex projects across multiple platforms.
- Responsible for meeting project goals on-time and on-budget.
- Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for projects.
- Plans and coordinates project schedules and assignments for multiple projects.
- Acts as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various project/technology issues.
- Provides technology solutions to daily issues and technical evaluation estimates on technology initiatives.
- Advises senior management on technical strategy.
- Mentors junior team members.
- Performs independent and complex technical and functional analysis for multiple projects supporting several divisional initiatives.
- Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going development efforts.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and five (5) years of experience in the job offered or five (5) years of experience analyzing, designing, and developing data warehouse applications in Snowflake, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle, and Hadoop.
Or, alternatively, Master s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience analyzing, designing, and developing data warehouse applications in Snowflake, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle, and Hadoop.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
- Demonstrated Expertise (u201CDEu201D) designing, developing, and engineering data warehouse applications in an analytics and marketing environment, using AWS, Snowflake, ETL tools (Informatica and WhereScape RED), and Big Data tools (Sqoop and Spark).
- DE developing and loading data into data warehouses on Snowflake, AWS Cloud, Oracle, and Hadoop by designing and developing Control-M jobs to automate and schedule end-to-end processes using Python, Unix, and PL/SQL scripts; and engineering application build and deployment pipelines in Bitbucket, Git, and Continuous Integration toolsets — Jenkins, Docker, and Udeploy.
- DE architecting, designing, and developing enterprise Cloud-based solutions using serverless architecture pattern and AWS Cloud services; and developing reusable frameworks that load data into warehouses on Snowflake, Hadoop, and AWS.
- DE performing data modelling and database design, using dimensional (Star and Snowflake) and Data Vault data modelling techniques, and type 1, 2, and 3 dimensional structures in an analytics and marketing data warehouse environment.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.