Analyzes data to drive improvement plans using monitoring tools — Datadog, Splunk, Dynatrace, Prometheus, and Catchpoint. Modernizes ecosystems and delivers next-generation capabilities for Cloud transformation, using APIs, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server 2014, Unix, Shell Scripting, Big Data Analytics, and Hadoop. Support technology frameworks, improves resiliency, drives down incidents, and predicts impacts and anomalies across on-premises and public Cloud ecosystems. Uses business knowledge to translate the vision for divisional initiatives into business solutions by supporting complex or multiple software applications and conducting studies of alternatives. Analyzes and recommends changes in project development policies, procedures, standards, and strategies to development experts and management.
- Participates in technical discussions with architecture design teams.
- Provides guidance for application-level architecture and design patterns.
- Recommends development testing tools and methodologies during incident post-mortem analysis.
- Identifies the root cause of application and system issues.
- Acts as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various project/technology issues.
- Performs in-depth analysis for business failures with high blast radius within stipulated Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Reviews technical documentation for multiple applications or subsystems.
- Responsible for meeting project goals on-time and on-budget.
- Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for projects.
- Provides technology solutions to daily issues and technical evaluation estimates on technology initiatives.
- Advises senior management on technical strategies.
- Performs resource management and mentors new and junior team members.
- Performs proactive analysis on technical transactions and application availability.
- Creates reports for problem management KPI s.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and five (5) years of experience in the job offered or five (5) years of experience supporting complex financial applications, using Datadog, Splunk, and ServiceNow.
Or, alternatively, Master s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience supporting complex financial applications, using Datadog, Splunk, and ServiceNow.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
- Demonstrated Expertise (u201CDEu201D) designing, developing, and supporting complex finance modules and functionalities, using Big Data Analytics, Hadoop, and Cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure); implementing new features in the existing modules using reporting technologies (Tableau and Power BI); and identifying bottlenecks and providing performance tuning and optimization recommendations.
- DE identifying complex production application infrastructure dependencies to measure and predict abnormalities, troubleshot complex production IT incidents, and identify root cause of these incidents through liaising with internal teams — database administration, Unix, engineering, and storage teams, and external vendors.
- DE creating reporting KPI s; performing debt analysis and scheduling analytics frameworks –Splunk and Kibana — to minimize the adverse impact of service interruptions and critical incidents on client business operations; and eliminating re-occurring issues in mission critical applications.
- DE coordinating with business, tactical, and project teams to review IT requirements raised by the business; designing and executing test plans and cases; and performing gap analysis to ensure business requirements and functional specifications are tested and fulfilled.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.