HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.A Career at HARMANAs a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do everyday.
About the Role
HARMAN’s Luxury Audio group consists of a portfolio of the most respected brands in the audio industry – JBL Synthesis, Mark Levinson, Arcam, Lexicon, and Revel. As Principal Software Engineer within the Mark Levinson Engineering group, you will be joining our team of world-class engineers who share a passion for impeccable sound and dedication to raising the bar for high-end consumer audio. Mark Levinson continues to set new standards of performance through advancements in design and the development of innovative audio technologies. In this role, you will be responsible for the software design, coding and debugging process and the release of embedded or Linux firmware for new audio product designs using industry best practices. You will be a necessary part in ensuring the integrity of the software features within our audio products.
You will report to the Director of Engineering.
What You Will Do
- Work within a small multi-disciplinary team to design, code, debug, and release embedded software for new and existing product designs using industry best practice, track and resolve bugs in high-end audio playback systems.
- Debug using test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, emulators and simulators.
- Understand schematics and work with Architects, Hardware Engineers and Test Engineers to ensure proper system design and function.
- Produce formal documentation.
What You Need
- BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS, or the equivalent relevant technical experience.
- Minimum of 8 years software design and development experience.
- A track record of embedded or Linux system programming and design experience with various microcontrollers such as PIC, Atmel, ARM, and Analog Devices DSP.
- Fluency in C/C++.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of serial communication protocols: RS-232, I2C, SPI, I2S, USB.
- Experience managing software versions (Perforce / Jira).
What is Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet protocols (TCP/IP).
- Understanding of audio A/D and D/A converters & DSP.
- Knowledge of uCLinux, MQX OS, RTOS.
- Experience with HDMI, HDCP and CEC.
- Experience with Dolby, DTS, and Apple compliance requirements and testing.
- Experience with iOS and/or Android App development.
- A passion for sound, learning, and new challenges.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 10%, domestic and international travel.
- Be willing to work in an office in Northridge, CA or Cambridge, UK.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment.
What We Offer
- A company culture that is driven by our core values and supported by our commitment to an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies and extensive course catalog.
- The opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world.
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration.
- On-site opportunities to focus on personal well-being and development provided by our Wellness Committee, Volunteer Committee, and Harman Women’s Network.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()
- Location: Cambridge – United Kingdom
- Type: Full time