Are you interested in serving the needs of millions of customers by building outstanding API capabilities which help deliver best in class customer experiences in financial planning, investing, and retirement? Our team is looking for a principal software engineer with strong expertise in API development and testing practices, with a passion for leveraging the right tools and frameworks to guide the development and testing of stable, robust, and resilient apps that best serves our customer base.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- 8+ years of proven software development experience in Java Web services and API solutions.
- Experienced in defining test strategy and setting up Test Automation framework using frameworks like RESTAssure.
- Deep understanding of API design, including versioning, isolation and micro-services.
- Proven experience in detailing APIs using an API documentation framework (Swagger)
- Experience in state-of-the-art tools and methods to enable efficiency, performance and agility through automating DevOps processes, continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker).
- Capability to support mission critical customer facing platforms and applications.
- Proven expertise in open source streaming products, Micro services and Message Oriented Middleware, Stream processing, Master Data Management.
- Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open source technologies.
- Knowledge of public and private cloud capabilities including compute, storage, database and analytics
- Working knowledge of testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test.
- Knowledge of web application development using JSP, HTML, CSS/SASS, JQuery, Angular and NodeJS.
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems.
- Linux, Shell Scripting, Docker and AWS Cloud certification will be a plus
Our teams build and contribute to Fidelity s web, desktop and mobile platforms. As Principal Software Engineer, you will be an integral member of a dynamic team building world class products and customer experiences, u201Cautomating all the thingsu201D, in support of our rapidly expanding product portfolio.
Our teams build APIs and Digital capabilities that support Fidelity s large scale digital presence. You will help us design and develop re-usable APIs that focus on customer experience needs and optimize quality and deployment practices.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.