The Principal Software Developer will help SlickText, the leading text messaging platform with over 10,000 customers across North America, including ESPN, American Cancer Society and FedEx, and has been named a 2020 High Performer by G2 Crowd, and is a former Technology Innovator of the Year. This role includes full healthcare benefits (medical, dental & vision) and 401k matching. The salary range for this position can be up to 100-130k depending on experience.
- Translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs.
- Design, build and maintain high-quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Guide the development team in overall application technology design activities. Lead the identification and definition of key architectures, components and interfaces, design of data models and data/information flows.
- Partner with the product team to develop team roadmaps, prioritize features, and estimate effort levels.
- Design and develop new features, update existing features to help meet product/client needs.
- Help grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture following the company values.
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices and help develop and promote great engineering and organizational practices.
- Work hands-on to demonstrate techniques and model good practice and remain grounded in the problems faced by team members, in building and shipping high-quality code at a sustainable pace.
- Work with product, engineers, sales, and analysts.
- Contribute to the growth of our development capability.
- Improve the internal quality of our system.
- 8+ years’ experience coding in PHP
- 8+ years experience with database SQL development and MySQL.
- Experience guiding less-experienced software engineers.
- Prior participation in software product architecture and design.
- Full Stack development experience
- Strong knowledge of PHP Development and Web Application architecture.
- Experience working as a hands-on Software Engineer in an agile environment, being well-versed in agile and lean principles, and experienced at the continuous delivery of value.
- Isolate and address performance problems
A working knowledge of:
- RDMS (e.g. MYSQL)
- RESTful APIs
A successful candidate will:
- Take initiative & has a self-starter mentality
- Take accountability & ownership of final product
- Is coachable, receptive to feedback & willing to be coached for future success
- Is self-driven & motivated to grow professionally
- Has a natural curiosity & learning mindset about our business/industry
- Has excellent written & verbal communication skills