Principal Software Engineer Fidelity Health Care Technology Group
We're looking for engineers who are hardworking, inquisitive, and responsible individuals to help deliver the best digital web experience to our customers. The ideal candidate is deeply entrenched in front and middle tier development, with a passion for using tools and frameworks to guide the development of stable, robust, and resilient apps that best serve our customer base.
Our team builds outstanding experiences for Fidelity Health Care customers. We focus on crafting rich and compelling experiences using the best application design guidelines by way of robust tooling to provide healthcare benefits and management. We work in a collaborative, fast paced environment and are committed to advancing a digital strategy to the delight of our customers.
The Expertise You Have
- 6+ years of experience in designing and implementing web applications
- Bachelor s degree of Computer Science or other related field.
- Solid knowledge with Java and/or the Open-Source stack technologies
- Strong technical background on crafting and developing enterprise digital applications with MVC design pattern, micro front-end strategy and open micro service architectures.
- Proven experience with building digital restful APIs (GraphQL is a plus)
- Proven experience in DevSecOps standard and tools like Jenkins or Jenkins Core, Git/GitHub.
- Proven experience in container and cloud technologies, including Docker, Kubernetes and AWS, as well as secure application development.
- Solid knowledge of cloud solutions, serverless architecture, containerization strategies
- Quality-first, testable solutions using TDD and automation.
- Deep understanding and experience of version control system management using various Git workflows.
- In-depth knowledge secure coding standards and practices
- Strong experience in leading in a reciprocal, team-based environment with a constant focus on learning, mentoring, and encouraging others.
The Skills You Bring
- A passion crafting outstanding experiences using your strong understanding of functional programming and front end and API design patterns.
- Knowledge of the web application landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies used in crafting performant, resilient, and robust web apps.
- Creative thinker with a passion for solving big or challenging problems.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms to ensure alignment to software engineering methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of Test-Driven Development and Test Pyramid in support of highly resilient and stable apps with a high degree of code coverage.
- Strong understanding of modern development principles such as trunk-based development, feature toggles, and branch by abstraction to support performant and collaborative engineering teams.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to integrate effectively into the inclusive culture.
- Proven desire to learn new skills and emerging technologies/industry trends quickly.
The Value You Deliver
- Collaborating with architecture, security, and UXD to build architecturally compliant apps.
- Partnering with platform squads to define engineering standards, standard methodologies, and tooling.
- Providing engineering thought leadership to advance Health Care benefits and management outcomes and facilitate a cloud-first approach.
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders to analyze and solve problems.
- Staying ahead of the curve by aligning architecture, user experience, and security with chapters and COEs.
- Supporting a cloud-first world through upskilling and augmenting squads with deep AWS expertise.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.u00A0u00A0
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.u00A0u00A0
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.u00A0
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.