Are you interested in working in a highly functional and agile team working in a startup mode in building an outstanding Agency Lending platform that serves the need of our Capital Markets clients? Our chapter comprises teams that work on a wide range of capabilities and platforms to enable experiences for our Capital Markets clients. We're looking for product-aware engineers who are hardworking, inquisitive, and responsible individuals to help us on our mission to build highly scalable platforms.
We build and contribute to Fidelity s Agency Lending platform. As a Software Engineer, you will be an integral member of a dynamic team building world class products and customer experiences, u201Cautomating all the thingsu201D, in support of our expanding our product offering to serve new customers and new market segments.
You ll have the opportunity to contribute to own entire features from concept to deployment working on multi-functional teams. As well as give ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
The Expertise You Have
- Proven knowledge and experience in application development / migration with micro-service architectures.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with designing and building large scale applications
- Very strong experience in Angular, CSS, HTML & Browser Developer tools preferred.
- Experience with UX/UD driven discussion with the user community.
- Familiarity / experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, MQ Technologies.
- Knowledge of end-to-end DevSecOps automation with CI and CD pipelines including Unit, Component, Functional, Performance, and Security test automation for UI components.
- Experience developing / deploying applications in cloud environments such as AWS, Azure.
- Solid understanding of Oracle in writing queries, stored procs, views.
- Experience leading a team of developers building platform features as part of the larger team.
- Any experience with FIS Global One and UniData is a plus.
- Prior work experience in an Agile environment
The Skills You Bring
- Passion for technology and can navigate your way across sophisticated and rapidly changing landscapes by staying on top of the latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Have an approach of test first development and are experienced in modern test frameworks. We believe in testing and that quality is everyone s job.
- Are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us solve real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You ll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and creating rapid prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life feedback.
- Self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask u201CWhyu201D and u201CWhat ifu201D?
- Stay on top of Design Patterns and new frameworks and love the challenge of building highly scalable systems that can support thousands of transactions/sec.
- Are data-driven and can measure, collect and use data to make decisions. We understand the value of intuition and the need to balance decisions accordingly.
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in significant discussions.
The Value You Deliver
- Leading development effort by defining UI architecture, frameworks and best practices
- Owning the outcome and making sure features are delivered with quality and on time
- Gathering requirement from partners and communicating them with the team
- Designing web experiences thinking from a customers' point of view
User Test Driven Development practices to deliver high quality products
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we re calling u201CDynamic Workingu201D. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.