Principal Software Engineer
Salary 55-60k/ Annum + Benefits
- Develop software and innovate as a key contributor and integral part of a close team of engineers.
- Bring a class-leading mentality to all aspects of software development, with emphasis on progressive growth of our software technology and product capability through the use of model-driven and latest techniques and tools.
- Support and progress projects in all aspects of the software life cycle. In many cases this may involve direct liaison with system customers and developing expertise in the context.
- Influence and define how software should be developed for an objective or program.
- Formally maintain and refine an ongoing view (informed by technical perspective) as to the likely effort required for a range of objectives and activities.
- Develop, define and communicate a clear view of the success criteria for objectives and activities across the SW development lifecycle.
- Support to real-world integration and trials where applicable.
- Good interpersonal skills and behaviours.
- Thorough understanding of embedded software development.
- Familiarity with software development via model-driven engineering.
- Ability to work within formal engineering processes when required.
- Proven capability in developing successful software solutions using a range of languages and toolset.
- Ideal: C / C++ / C#, Matlab/Simulink (as basis of model-driven autocode).
- Also Useful: Python, Nengo, Java
- Inherent interest in exploring and developing new software techniques, whilst maintaining a balanced approach as to what to take forward into product development at higher maturity.
- Appreciation of Safety-critical software development.
It would be great if you also had the following skills and experience but not essential
- RTOS (VxWorks)
- Bare Metal
- Ethernet TCP/IP communications.
- Generic Vehicle Architectures (GVA/DDS).
- Configuration control using Dimensions and Teamcenter.
- Virtualisation – creation and use.
NB:You must be eligible for full security clearance
For further details, please contact Rudo Urayayi on +44(0)1727 817 616 or email a copy of your CV to [email protected]