Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises’our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
What You’ll Discover
- Inclusive culture and career growth opportunities
- Global IT Organization which collaborates across U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia
- Challenging, collaborative, and team-based environment
What You’ll Do
TJX Architecture is spearheading the global digital transformation of the organization. The Business and Solution Architecture function reports into the CTO, and partners closely with IT product teams to define strategy and architecture that addresses current and future business and technology needs across the enterprise. Our architects enable the adoption of a modern technology foundation, including Cloud, DevOps, and Intelligent Automation, and explore how we might use other innovative technologies in the future.
The Principal Retail Solution Architect focus will be in supporting our "back of stores" operations area, which also includes Loss Prevention and Workforce Management. In this role, you will be instrumental to helping the Stores product team to execute on a strategy to modernize our application ecosystem, and to deliver on critical new capabilities needed to enable an optimal work experience for our Store Associates.
As a Solution Architect You Will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the "back of store" business area, and of technology needed to support business capabilities within that area.
- Partner with Architecture and IT product teams to define technology strategy for the portfolio.
- Define the Solution Architecture for major initiatives.
- Contribute to large scale solution architecture efforts with enterprise impact.
- Ensure the integrity of the IT ecosystem, through alignment with enterprise technology strategy and architecture.
- Research industry trends and share with team members and stakeholders.
- Participate in vendor selection of new technologies.
- Experiment with new technology that may have applicability within TJX IT, and support product team activities for innovative business solutions.
- Enable alignment of Enterprise Architecture guardrails, and adoption of foundational platform technology, within product teams.
What You’ll Need
Key to success is the ability to develop trusted stakeholder relationships, and to deliver value in a dynamic environment. We are a global team, so the ability to work across time zones and cultures is essential.
- Subject matter expertise in at least one area of business operations: including Supply Chain, or Merchandising or Store Operations
- Strong design & engineering experience. Ability to design solutions that are appropriate to the problem at hand in terms of simplicity, cost, and support required
- Familiarity with multiple architecture disciplines, including business, application, information, infrastructure and security
- Familiarity with application architecture fundamentals, e.g. Service Architecture, Agile, DevSecOps, Cloud, Non-Functional Requirements
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
- Ability to partner effectively with key stakeholders, and to influence and gain consensus
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and adversity
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Experience working in the Retail industry
- Retail store operations functional and technical knowledge
- Foundational knowledge of architecture methodologies, standards and tools
- Experience architecting/designing solutions for deployment on Azure PaaS/IaaS
- Experience working with DevOps skills, tools, best practices
- Experience working with an EA tool, e.g. LeanIX
- Experience in architecture and/or design of systems utilizing enterprise infrastructure and applications
- Familiarity with modern application architecture, e.g. microservices, web and mobile app architecture, cloud-native app architecture
Join us and Discover Different at TJX, click here to learn more.
Full COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster once eligible, is a condition of employment at TJX, subject to reasonable accommodation where required by law.
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA