Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Principal, Operational Research Scientist you will help optimize XPO’s Linehaul network with a spend in excess of $1B. You will be responsible for developing and implementing models and algorithms to solve complex supply chain problems using operations research and statistics. You will work with other scientists, engineers, and senior leadership to understand requirements, develop technical solutions and ensure the reliability and performance of the solutions. Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune and one of America’s best employers by Forbes. As part of our growing, dynamic team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Work with a team of data scientists and analysts to implement models and measure success throughout the organization
- Research cutting-edge algorithms and statistical models, identify opportunities to implement into daily operations and locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Communicate with technical and business-oriented audiences
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Work with senior leadership to prioritize business and information needs
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing and deploying optimization solutions
- Strong experience with SQL, R or Python
- Experience using statistical modeling (logistic regression, SVMs, etc.) to solve business problems
- Ability to translate complex data sets and research into simple business recommendations.
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team
- Significant peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.