Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Digital is seeking a Principal Front End Software Engineer with a passion for technology, solutions, influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities who can apply technology in new and innovative ways. The Coverage and Benefits team is responsible for developing, maintaining, enhancing and setting a high-quality bar for web and mobile apps which assists end users in understanding their healthcare benefits. We have a strong and integrated relationship with the product team based on collaboration, trust and partnership. Goals for the team are focused on creating meaningful positive impact for our customers through clear and measurable metrics analysis.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery
- Evaluate new tools, new techniques, strategies, automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency
- Reviews the work and design of others
- Lead and mentor a SCRUM team
- Develops innovative approaches
- Expert on all technical aspects of the product and tech stack
- Serves as primary point of contact to stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in or higher in computer science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of software engineering development experience of customer facing web applications (CI/CD process)
- 4+ years of experience defining architectural design and documentation
- 2+ years of hands-on development experience using NodeJS and React
- 2+ years of experience leading a team and reporting to stakeholders
- 4+ years of experience with NodeJS and ecosystem, including React, React Native, Next, Nx, etc.
- Experience with Application Cloud deployment and maintenance
- Experience with writing application as components that can be embedded into larger apps
- Ability to influence on common design and architectural trade offs
- Ability to partner with different stakeholders to report and define product viability
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.