EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes Network Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Provide technical and team leadership tor the ongoing data-science innovation company-wide.
- Provide business goals and would be responsible to identify the technical goals, projects, and technical tasks required to meet the goals and then track those projects and communicate progress of the same to both internal and external executives.
- Provide hands-on mentoring for the team of engineers that spans several organizational boundaries.
- Perform proof of concepts, identify initial data wrangling, and then provide guidance for development of the productionized version of the capabilities.
- Analyze data and build predictive models based on stakeholder input.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics or related technical field
- 5+ yeas of experience performing data analysis
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics or related technical field
- Basic knowledge of software development principles and architecture.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to break down and understand complex business problems, define a solution and implement it using advanced quantitative methods.
- Proficiency in programming for data analysis; ideally Python (or R) SQL. Knowledge of Pandas is essential.
- Knowledge of with building machine learning models using Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, Keras, or other open source libraries.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and libraries in Python/R (Shiny preferably) Or Tableau.
- Familiarity with software version control with git.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, especially around analytical concepts and methods.
- Strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS or Google
- Knowledge of any relational database such as My SQL and BigQuery.
- Must be a team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills and have experience working across varying business and technical functional unit.
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all’from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.