Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
If you are located within EST, CST, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct gap analysis to compare the client’s data structure and content to that of the standard implementation for that EMR, Claims and other sources
- Look through the client’s data to locate data elements of interest to our downstream consumers across Provider, Payer and Life Sciences markets. Complex cases involve reconciliation of data in multiple locations, clever ways of imputing information from sub-par data, and de-duplication strategies
- Author specification to transform data from source to target and code ETL using this. Execute builds, conduct unit, integration, and regressing testing, and ensure deliverable meets the specification
- As the client is implemented and after go-live, work closely with client, project managers, data operations, support, engineering, and value enablement teams to answer questions, resolve data issues that arise
- Investigate data anomalies to determine root cause, specify appropriate changes and work with cross functional team to implement and test changes
- Research client questions on data results by identifying underlying data elements leveraged and providing descriptions of data transformations involved
- Scope client and internally submitted change requests, determine feasibility and cost to implement change. Outline execution plan and test cases and perform impact analysis to existing customers before change is implemented
- Establish relationship with cross matrix, cross market teams and serve as a Subject Matter expert supporting product discovery and new feature rollout, onboarding of strategic clients and expansion of data pipeline capabilities
- Support RFPs and scoping of deals for new and existing clients. Attend client calls to speak to the data, services and pipeline capabilities and support growth of business, services, and revenue for the division
- Define best practices and standards for analyzing and processing data. Contribute to technical documentation of specifications and processes
- Participate in the ongoing innovation, testing and use of tools used by the team to improve processes and bring scale – especially on AWS Cloud tech stack
- Serve as a thought leader and serve as project leader when called upon to do so
- Support hiring and onboarding of new staff. Coach and mentor members of a globally distributed team and ensure productivity, performance and quality of work is up to speed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Information Technology, or other related fields
- 7+ years of experience working in a big data healthcare ecosystem processing Clinical (including HL7, CCD), Billing, 835, 837, Claims and other types of data from EMRs and Payers
- 5+ years of experience understanding data, analyzing data, and working with data
- 5+ years of experience working with Hive SQL, Postgres, or other data analysis language
- 5+ years of experience managing clients and working with them on tasks like requirements gathering, impact analysis etc.
- 3+ year of experience implementing and supporting client solutions on AWS Cloud platform
- 3+ years of experience with Scala and Spark
- 1+ years of experience with Jenkins and GitHub
- Eastern or Central Time Zone
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Understands the concept of creating a data repository from diverse sources of data
- Understanding of clinical processes and vocabulary
- Familiarity with Agile or experience working in Scrum teams
- Familiarity with Big Data concepts
- Familiarity with Python and other programming languages
- Proven experience scoping and implementing new types of data that increase the breadth and depth of data asset
- Experience working with internal and external partners and driving cross-functional programs
- High-performing, motivated and goal-driven with track record of meeting and/or exceeding goals
- Proven creativity in approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the ‘big picture’ view
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and demonstrated ability to navigate large matrix organizational structure
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.