Are you interested in serving the needs of customers by building a best-in-class digital experience that helps novice investors with financial literacy, investing, and gaining confidence? Fidelity Brokerage Technology (FBT) is seeking a Principal Data Engineer to help build creative digital solutions and capabilities for our Plynk mobile app to ensure investing is inclusive for all audiences by removing barriers that prevent participation. We are redefining the financial services industry by changing the way we work and being customer obsessed!
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years experience in software application design & development of back end and middle tier applications
- Working experience in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of financial services brokerage operations, services and technology systems preferred
- Expertise in designing and developing transactional and batch applications utilizing Oracle PL/SQL and/or other relational database environments
- Experience with ETL strategies, design, and development
- Experience with design and development of REST based Microservices using frameworks like Spring, Mybatis, Jersey etc
- Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and deploying applications in a DevOps environment
- Development experience with event driven applications
- Familiar with secure coding standards and practices
- Excellent analysis and documentation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with multiple teams across the organization
- Development of cloud-native applications on AWS or Azure. Certifications a plus
- Familiar with logging and monitoring tools; DataDog, Splunk, etc. for analysis, observability, and alerting
- Developing innovative features for our Digital Brokerage Services products that delight our customers
- Actively participate with other specialists in design reviews, code reviews, and other standard methodologies
- Ensuring designs meet performance, security, usability, and scalability requirements
- Mentorship of junior team members and encouraging a culture of continuous learning
- Working as part of a highly collaborative team to deliver an outstanding experience
As a Principal Data Engineer in the Digital Brokerage Solutions Technology Domain, you will collaborate with product owners, developers, architecture, and application teams to build technical designs that simplify investing within our digital experience!
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate associates with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of their job.
For roles based in the US : Visit myHR and search for u201Caccommodationu201D to review Fidelity s Reasonable Accommodation for Disabilities Policy. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by completing the Accommodation Request Form on myHR, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.
For roles based in Ireland: Contact AccommodationsIreland@fmr.com
For roles based in Germany: Contact email@example.com
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.