Fidelity Investments Workplace Solutions (WS) organization is looking for a Principal Data Engineer to support our equity compensation recordkeeping and reporting platform. This person will play a key role in allowing Stock Plan Services (SPS) to accelerate the pace at which our participants can take advantage of new global features by leading a team of engineers responsible for carrying out the enablement of legacy data onto our enhanced global platform.
We'll be hiring a motivated engineer to help us scale our data enablement program to allow more participants to realize the benefits of these global capabilities. With a heavy focus on the ownership and execution of an enablement process this team will align with a schedule that will flex allowing for oversight of weekend client enablement s 1-2 times a month. The team will provide best-of-class service to our clients throughout by owning pre & post support as well as day-of enablement oversight.
You will be part of the technology team in SPS which is constituted of multiple agile squads. As the technical lead for one of these squads you will help drive collaboration across the organization and internal to the team. Being an outstanding partner, you ll work alongside other tech leads, squad leads, support teams, and operations to effectively lead delivery and the pending enablement of data onto new capabilities. These capabilities include real-time recordkeeping, reporting and business intelligence features being built on a modernized cloud-ready stack.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) required
- 8+ years of demonstrated expertise with PL/SQL and complex queries
- 5+ years of Informatica workflow development, maintenance, and support experience
- Demonstrated expertise with ETL data integration and data movement design patterns using Informatica
- Proven understanding of Relational Databases (Oracle Exadata 12c)
- Experience with batch job scheduling and dependency management using BMC Control-M for distributed systems
- Demonstrated expertise with Unix shell scripting required
- Understanding of Cloud Computing and DevOps concepts like CI/CD pipelines using Git, Jenkins
- Hands on experience with cloud native data warehousing and data lake solutions with Azure ADF, Redshift, Snowflake, etc
- Experience with OBIEE
The Skills You Bring
- Desire to act as player/coach and lead a team by taking advantage of what members do best
- Obsessed with finding opportunities to automate manually intensive processes to improve efficiency
- Your sophisticated skills in data intensive application development, data integration, and data pipeline design patterns on a distributed platform
- Your experience in completing projects in an Agile environment
- Your ability to collaborate with other technical and business experts on the team
- Proven ability to learn and experiment with new technologies and patterns
- Your passion to follow modern test driven and automation driven software development methodologies
The Value You Deliver
- Strong sense of ownership for the quality of solution delivery and execution
- Embrace continuous improvement regarding application quality and stability
- Being candid and transparent in all discussions to ensure the best outcomes
- Ability to lead a team and prioritize work in fast paced environment
- Ensure the best outcomes for our customers
- Partner with technical leads to make clear, simple, and technically sound design decisions
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.