This role is a principal leader role in the development team and will be responsible to guide and help design the technical solution and in addition will be hands on technology professional. This role will closely collaborate with the squad and chapter lead for ensuring the right solution and be accountable for the squad s delivery.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor s degree
- 15+ years experience in designing and delivering data lake, data warehouses and reporting platforms
- Deep expertise in SQL is a must
- Experience with Data warehousing, Extract, Transform & Load and ELT development is required
- Experience with database technologies (at least 2) such as Snowflake Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server a must
- Data Modeling skills and experience with relational and dimension models is required
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and Snowflake
- Experience with CI/ CD and software version control
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau, OBIEE, etc. is a plus
- Programming experience in Python, Java
- Must be a great team player
- Must be able to communicate effectively to the squad and chapter leads and to the team members as well
- Should possess the ability to understand the business concepts and relate it to the technical solutions
- Should possess an open attitude, help team grow and a quick learner in case of new technologies
The Value You Deliver
- Provide solutions that deliver business value
- Provide a long term solution for the foundational Data and Analytics platform
- Coach and mentor developers in the team
The team/ squad will part of a larger chapter which is focused on delivering a powerful analytics platform. While the initiative is at the Fidelity enterprise level the squad will be focused on the Workplace Investing (WI) Business unit. How does this role fit into the group? Describe the Business Unit and function within Fidelity. Interaction between various product groups within WI and at times with other Fidelity business units will be required
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.