Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Principal Data Analyst in Optum’s Product Analytics organization, you will manipulate and analyze data to support development and drive effectiveness of Care Delivery clinical programs. You will partner with stakeholders to understand and document data requirements to conduct data-driven analyses and interpret results to tell the value story. You will become a subject matter expert on the data and present results to our internal customers. You’ll work closely with other analysts and researchers within the team to develop innovative analytic solutions to achieve business objectives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop code to extract health insurance claims data, health care operational data, and clinical data from a variety of data sources
- Proficiency in statistical modeling, evaluation methods (including propensity matching/weighting and retrospective cohort design) and statistical techniques such as logistic regression, predictive models, multivariate analysis, and linear models
- Investigate data quality issues and research data anomalies
- Document data and programming processes
- Serve as a data SME across multiple internal data sources. Coach and assist teammates regarding data sources and code usage
- Work collaboratively with other teams to develop standard code and data protocols to be used across Product Analytics team
- Work independently to develop efficient code for creating complex integrated datasets
- Interact directly with customers to gather specifications for research projects and ad hoc requests
- Present study designs, methodologies, and results to stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, public health, health services research, economics, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in analyzing health insurance claims, transactions data, biometric, health assessment, or similar types of clinical, program or employer data
- 6+ years of experience integrating data from large relational databases
- 6+ years of experience in SAS, R, or Python programming
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest 8minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.