Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Health Safe ID team builds state-of-the-art identity and authentication technology to service numerous populations, portals, and highly available business critical applications across the UnitedHealth Group and beyond.
As a key player in this team, the Principal Cloud Native DevOps Engineer will help shape the cloud native DevOps strategy and roadmap and help successfully implement DevOps.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute to, and implement the cloud native DevOps strategy for enterprise-grade solutions in Azure
- Automate CI/CD, develop and implement Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Package, deploy and manage containerized workloads running in Kubernetes
- Maintain existing Azure workloads that consist of containerized microservices and legacy applications
- Be a Kubernetes and DevOps champion
- Promote a cloud native DevOps culture, deliver high quality applications and infrastructure
- Triage and resolve issues across environments, provide DevOps guidance to multiple teams
- Ensure cloud solutions are always security compliant
- Provide recommendations to reduce cloud spend, increase scalability, and optimize performance
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of overall professional IT experience
- 3+ years of experience with Kubernetes, Docker, SQL and NoSQL Databases, and Linux
- 3+ years of experience administering and deploying cloud native applications in public cloud (Azure, AWS and/or GCP)
- 3+ years of scripting experience with Terraform, bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell and automation tooling such as Ansible, Helm Charts, Puppet, Chef etc.
- 3+ years of experience with automation and configuration management tools and practices, processes, and tools (Git, Terraform, GitHub actions, Jenkins, Ansible etc.)
- Hands on experience building and supporting mission-critical, customer facing, IaaS/PaaS solutions for critical applications in Azure
- Azure Solutions Architect or equivalent AWS/GCP certification(s)
- Experience migrating applications from on-premises to Azure/AWS/GCP
- Experience leading and mentoring experience junior engineers
- Knowledge of network engineering including VNET/VPC configuration, DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Good knowledge of Java/JVMs
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.