Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Principal Cloud Engineer is a key leadership role of the Data Services & Analytics teams. This individual brings both a high level of cloud engineering expertise in modern software and data management architectures and technologies, as well as strategic leadership across IT and the larger enterprise. This very hands-on role will lead project and devops teams in building and maintaining cloud services, migrating workloads, designing key cloud services based upon best practices standards, and writing frameworks and automation patterns. Responsible for collaborating with other leaders to shape the technical vision, and leading and working through others to implement a secure, reliable cloud infrastructure. You command broad knowledge on cloud infrastructure topics, but relish the opportunity to make direct individual contributions. Works closely with Enterprise Architects to bring solutions from concept to production implementation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. San Antonio, TX preferred.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in full lifecycle software development
- 5+ years of experience in Azure
- 3+ years of experience leading development of technical solutions through Agile processes
- 2+ years of experience with Terraform or other IAC deployments
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD tooling (Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Buildkite)
- Experience transitioning from physical data centers to cloud-based services
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management (security, privacy, J SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experience leading the delivery of platforms, frameworks, and patterns that help solve problems across multiple products
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Azure Certifications (AZ-305, DP-203, AZ-500)
- Experience with container-based architecture, designs and solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud migrations
- Data engineering expertise
- Ability and desire to mentor, teach people what you know and guide team members' learning, including introducing new ideas and technologies
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.