Principal Cloud Engineer – Azure
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.
As the’Principal Cloud Engineer (Azure), you will part of the Cloud Capability Team that is supporting infrastructure for several analytics groups in our Ireland operations. You will be our primary SME for Azure within the team, creating solutions to enable execution of analytics in a public cloud platform. You would be familiar with data products and compute choices in Azure and understanding how best to secure and manage these resources in a high availability environment. We’re looking for someone who is a team player, with a passion for technology and ability to learn new technologies and successfully implement innovation solutions.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain Azure SaaS Cloud Services
- Create and maintain Cloud security strategies, policies, procedures, and documentation
- Resolve issues and provide technical assistance on the Azure cloud-hosted environment
- Document issue resolutions and changes in cloud or system configurations
- Create and develop infrastructure as code using Terraform to manage our cloud subscriptions.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, optimize performance and scalability of existing solutions
- Collaborate with management, quality assurance, architecture, and other development teams to deliver against an agile roadmap of initiatives
- Continue to develop your skills on the job through mentoring and planned self-directed training
- Build compliance ready solutions that meet SOC2, HITRUST certifications.
- IaC experience with either Cloud formation, Terraform, Powershell.
- Strong commercial experience in Azure Cloud Platform engineering, including Azure PaaS and SaaS services, containers, Azure AD, storage, etc.
- Understanding of Networking and troubleshooting (App Gateways, DNS, routing, firewalls)
- Experience of managing public/private cloud technologies in a large-scale enterprise environment. (Azure preferred but open to other Public cloud)
- Azure Cloud Platform Certification
- Understanding of infrastructure as code, specifically Terraform and Azure Resource Manager.
- Previous experience with Agile/SCRUM methodology/best practices
- Experience using data products in azure (Databricks, synapse, Adlsv2, Sosmos, ADF)
- Interest or knowledge in using Kubernetes for scaling data and services infrastructure
- Healthcare industry experience
Careers with Optum.’Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices, or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do’your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.