Who we're looking for
We are looking for a seasoned and technical infrastructure and/or cloud engineer to be part of the Enterprise Cloud Team and be part of the multi-year cloud transformation program that we have embarked upon. We require someone who has in-depth experience of engineering and integrating platforms and services either in cloud or on premise, and has worked with development and business agile teams on successful, medium-large scale, cloud migrations or complex infrastructure initiatives. We are looking for a passionate infrastructure and cloud advocate who has an understanding of infrastructure and cloud best practices, industry trends, modern technologies and new ways of working.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You will be part of the Global Technology team and will be based in London.
You will be part of the Enterprise Cloud team that is comprised of two functions, the Cloud Centre of Excellence covering Azure Platform SRE, AWS Platform SRE, Cloud Enablement and Cloud Architecture as well as the Cloud Business Office who cover cloud technical project management for each of the 7 Cloud workstreams namely Engineering, Migrations, FinOps, People and Training, Communications, Governance and On Premise Cost Management. You will be a Cloud Engineer within the AWS Platform SRE Team who are subject matter experts for AWS. You will engineer, build and support a best in class AWS platform and service offering, and work with multiple development and business teams to onboard and migrate applications to AWS from inception to production go live. You will join a highly technical team who are solely focused on cloud, who are integral to a successful cloud adoption and migration programme over the coming years.
What you'll do
• Engineer a best in class AWS Cloud platform
• Engineer and integrate cloud solutions & services to industry best practice with scalability, fault tolerance, highly resilient, highly secure, observability, and simplicity in mind
• Run proof of concepts for new cloud services or cloud third party tooling
• Work with InfoSec colleagues to review and enhance the AWS security posture
• Devise innovative ideas for solving hard technical problems involving distributed systems, scale and security and translate these ideas into designs and implementation
• Work with peers across the virtual cloud team to understand cloud service or enhancement priorities
• Work closely with development teams to help them through the cloud journey, evaluate and identify new cloud service requirements, and engineer and implement globally
• Identify, triage, and constantly automate and evolve the platform by pushing for change that improves reliability, operability and developer experience
• Every week solve exciting new challenges with an amazing team and technology stack
• Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
• Engineer solutions that are fully automated using infrastructure-as-code and integrated in the CI/CD toolchain
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience of infrastructure or cloud engineering
• Experience of working with development/delivery stakeholders on cloud application migrations or large scale/complex infrastructure initiatives
• Strong Infra knowledge – Virtualisation, Database, Networks, Windows, Linux, Storage
• Experience with modern DevOps tooling (e.g., GIT, Azure DevOps, Terraform, Azure ARM, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes)
• Understanding of PaaS, Infra-as-Code, Compliance-as-Code, and when/how to use & enable
• Experience with modern engineering and agile practices as well as shift left CI/CD
• Passionate about building and delivering services via APIs
• Experienced with scripting and/or ideally one language, (e.g., Python, .NET, PowerShell, Nodejs, Ruby, Java)
• Proven ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, infrastructure engineers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
• Deep understanding of broader cloud ecosystem including Cloud Computing Technologies, business drivers and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies and trends.
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to self-manage
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experienced in designing, engineering, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS and/or Azure
• Hands on experience of designing, engineering, supporting Kubernetes
• Experience of cloud transformation and change programs across technology organizations
• University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
• Cloud certifications for at least Azure or AWS
• Understanding of Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba Cloud
• Understanding Cloud Service capabilities and relative strengths (AWS, Azure, GCP, Ali)
• Experience of Power BI, Azure Power Platform
What you'll be like
• A passionate engineer/technologist
• An engineer who has the hunger and desire to learn new technologies
• An advocate of cloud, cloud adoption and cloud transformation
• Someone who embraces collaboration and change
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.