We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class:
The Infrastructure Technology & Shared Services organization is a component of Advance Auto Parts’ Information Technology function. This team is responsible for all elements of Infrastructure Technology Architecture and Engineering from defining the overall enterprise infrastructure architecture to its ongoing operations and governance with the goal of ensuring the IT function operates as effectively and efficiently as possible. This organization has a direct impact on Advance Auto Parts’ ability to introduce business capabilities at a pace that enables Advance Auto Part’s Mission of having a ‘Passion for Customers. Passion for Yes’.
The Principal Cloud Engineer will help architect and engineer our core cloud infrastructure environment as we re-platform our traditional on-premise application stack to one that is modern and cloud based. You will be empowered to innovate and lead the definition of the cloud infrastructure standards, automation, and processes that will enable product teams to release features anytime in a secure and agile manner. To accomplish our goals the successful candidate will act as a SME for our infrastructure, security and application development teams on cloud architecture and principles for continuous delivery in the cloud.
OPEN TO REMOTE WORK WITHIN THE USA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for cloud infrastructure engineering and developing cloud infrastructure architectures.
- Experience with infrastructure cloud engineering and establishing cloud strategy and architecture at an enterprise level.
- Experience leading large-scale Azure migrations and Azure Cloud project delivery, i.e., responsible for specific project deliverables, technical and architecture oversight, project delivery approach, delivery performance – working with delivery and PM teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise on cloud architecture and cloud infrastructure engineering to other IT and business teams.
- Collaborates with various teams across the organizations including Product Management, Architecture, Software Engineering and Infrastructure to operationalize DevOps processes and tools.
- Interpret technical requirements into business requirements and communicate risks to relevant stakeholders ranging from business leaders to engineers.
- Provide succinct diagrams such as high-level design and low-level design documents and workflows and able to present to senior leadership as well as technical teams.
- Work with Reliability Engineering teams to implement cloud specific monitoring tools.
- Work through the project life cycle from design, implementation, cutover, hyper care and operation transition.
- Participate in problem solving, troubleshooting and level 3 engineering support of infrastructure and applications as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience
- 8+ years in Infrastructure Cloud Infrastructure and Software Engineering.
- Deep understanding of Azure (preferred) and/ or AWS experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of various aspects of CI/CD practices: Infrastructure Automation, Application Build and Deployment Automation using various leading tools.
- Understanding of Docker/Kubernetes for managing container-based images, their deployment via Kubernetes based services, DNS/DDI, networking management
- Knowledge and experience with OpenShift in Azure and AWS is desired.
- Knowledge and experience of Terraform/Ansible, GIT based products (GitHub, Bitbucket), Jenkins, etc., for building pipeline.
- Experience with network design including segmentation models, encryption, logging and monitoring.
- Experience with network topologies, load balancing and micro segmentation.
- Experience with firewalls, WAF’s, proxies, IDS/IPS, network authentication controls, and Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with Networking concepts (NAT, DNS, routing, etc.).
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Splunk, New Relic, Logstash, CloudTrail.
- Understanding of cloud security architectures for cloud/hybrid systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills a must.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, architectural articulation and leadership skills.
- Experience leading and working with diverse geographically distributed teams.
- Be able to work with teams with varying levels of technical backgrounds and experiences
Azure / AWS architect level preferred, administration level minimum