As a Principal Cloud Engineer, you will utilize your strong Cloud experience to develop solutions in support of PI s development squads. This position involves working on an exceptionally talented team whose job is to build platforms and solutions in support of Fidelity s cloud journey. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in cloud technologies and the ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment. They will be able to navigate and mange technical complexities while developing secure and scalable solutions for our customers.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring:
- BS degree in computer science preferred with 5+ years of working knowledge in cloud and related technologies
- Experience with AWS services, IAM, Networking, and CloudFormation, Azure experience as a plus
- Skilled in Python, Go, Java, Node JS, Docker, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools and implementing pipelines
- Experience with building secure cloud solutions
- Proficient communication skills with an ability to present to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Understanding of how to build self-service solutions to be used by development teams
- Preferred experience in retail financial markets or another highly regulated industry
- You enjoy finding opportunities to innovate and take thoughtful risks to get things faster
- You are intellectually curious and love learning new skills and capabilities, e.g., new Cloud services
- You enjoy contributing to the success of your team while solving difficult technical problems
- You enjoy finding opportunities to innovate and take thoughtful risks to get things done faster
- You are truly client-obsessed and dedicated to understanding and learning about customer needs and requirements; both external and internal
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment
- Delivering cloud solutions and platforms to PI development squads, removing the heavy, undifferentiated lifting that slows squads down when trying to build and deploy their applications to the cloud
- Providing support to the PI development community for the products and platforms created by Platform Engineering
The PI Platform Engineering organization is responsible for enabling Personal Investing (PI) to accelerate the delivery of value to Fidelity s customers by providing platforms, frameworks, and security capabilities to the PI development community. You will be a key member of the Cloud Engineering team who is responsible for building tools and processes to advance the organization s ability to leverage the public cloud for solving business problems.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we re calling u201CDynamic Workingu201D. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.