Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Principal Architect, Enterprise Architecture (Cloud), you’ll be responsible for managing XPO’s transportation cloud system architecture and models to ensure that they are always functioning properly. You’ll serve as the in-house subject matter expert for Cloud solutions, guiding the decision-making process related to specific projects/solutions.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Monitor cloud activity, design and migrate applications, plan courses of action, and define computer loads
- Define technical direction and roadmap for cloud migrations and overseeing the implementation and solutions
- Provide technical expertise and support related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
- Provide clear and valuable documentation including diagrams, domain models and other type of software artifacts to support the teams and communicates it effectively.
- Evaluate and advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities in moderately complex situations
- Participate in Cloud ARB meetings and brings forward solution recommendations for review and validation
- Lead PoC’s, PoV’s to validate and demonstrate solution options
- Develop and publish cloud best practices and design standards
- Define optimal design patterns and lead formulation for high availability and disaster recovery for applications
- Conduct research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems in the context of assigned work effort
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience architecting and developing scalable, distributed or web-based applications and architecture experience
- Solid experience in Cloud computing, virtualization & container technology preferably Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes etc.,
- Prior experience in migrating applications to the cloud
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working with multiple IT disciplines and in agile environment
- Solid knowledge in cloud security & networking
- Ability to automate tasks by using scripting languages like Python, Terraform
- Strong analytical, communication & documentation skills
- Understanding of distributed/microservice-style/event driven based application architectures
- Working in the transportation and freight services business domain would be a plus
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.