Pricing/Data Analyst – Commercial Pricing
As a Pricing/Data Analyst at BGLi you will be using your strong analytical skills to investigate commercial performance, provide insights and recommendations that you then follow through to value realisation.
You will be joining our Data and Pricing team: 45 Pricing, Statistics, Data Science and BI analytical professionals, working together to drive our business forward. The team will help you to develop your skills, teach you new ones and give you the opportunity to grow your vocation and career.
We are looking for people we can coach and grow into great analysts, you don't need to be the finished article to apply. You need to be someone who likes to solve problems, with a desire to learn new approaches and stretch analytical boundaries. You may be:
- A recent or upcoming graduate in a numerical/analytical field such as Economics, Finance, Maths or Business Analytics
- Or currently in an analytical role but looking for more opportunities to develop your skills and/or take the next step in your career
What you will be doing:
- Working with data, producing accurate MI to assess performance and making recommendations on findings
- Analysing price tests to ensure optimal performance for meeting business goals
- Using your analytical skills to mine data, develop insight, identify commercial opportunities and adding commercial value
- Supporting model implementation and deployment
- Collaborate with a diverse, wide number of stakeholders, presenting findings and proposals
What you can expect:
- You will join a highly skilled and ambitious team of analysts, working in a fast-paced environment who deliver value adding change
- You will be informing the pricing approach for top well-known brands.
- You will be exposed to a wide range of tools and techniques, including SQL, Python, R, Earnix and PowerBI
- You will get opportunities to develop and grow your skills as an analyst
- You will get the opportunity for a developing career in analytics
Why Choose Us?
BGL Insurance, part of the Markerstudy Group, is a leading digital distributor of insurance to three million customers. BGL Insurance provides a range of motor, home and life insurance products in partnership with several of the best-known brands in UK financial services and through own brands Budget Insurance, Dial Direct and Beagle Street, all supported by state-of-the-art, award winning, contact centres and market leading digital platforms.
With over 1,700 colleagues across three sites in Peterborough, Sunderland and Wakefield, BGL Insurance uses its passion, scale and expertise for the benefit of its customers, offering unrivalled value, ease and confidence.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. Inclusive by instinct, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
Flexible, hybrid working
BGL Insurance has a hybrid approach to working. For most colleagues, this means being in the office two or three days a week and the rest of the time working from wherever's best for them and their team.