Hybrid Intelligence, a Capgemini Engineering team, is looking for an experienced R&D Subject Matter Expert and Presales Lead with a background in R&D in consumer products and proven track record in engaging with clients to understand their business, shape winning proposals and delivering solutions for high-value technical consultancy and analytics solutions. We can offer an exciting and rewarding career where you can make a significant impact by demonstrating our expertise in R&D and lowering the barriers to innovation for our clients.
Reporting to both the Head of Presales and Head of Consulting, you will be responsible for shaping, pitching, and delivering our solutions and delivery approaches based around our Data Driven R&D offer to consumer products organisations, primarily in the UK. Your activities will include:
- Pitching our offers, capabilities, and services to potential clients with the sales team, technical architects and other experts by providing technical knowledge and domain experience to demonstrate our expertise.
- Supporting the development of new offers, combining domain and technical expertise to create solutions for the most relevant business challenges in the consumer products industry.
- Facilitating workshops and running interviews at potential clients to understand their specific needs and identify a winning strategy and solution/delivery approach tailored to these.
- Building and leading the right bid team for an opportunity by bringing in the right experts from across the global Hybrid Intelligence team to create winning proposals.
- Leading or supporting the delivery of solutions and transformation by providing expert input to the operations teams.
- Developing and improving collateral and sharing ideas and experience with the wider presales community.
Our projects tend to involve complex, consultative sales, so you will need to be comfortable talking to both clients and internal technical teams and use strong influencing skills to ensure we shape the right solutions for our clients.
You must be comfortable traveling to meet with prospects and customers across the UK. You will be selling the capabilities of our highly skilled consultants, so regular contact with them will be critical to your success – therefore you be expected to work out of one our offices on a regular basis.
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated, and proactive individual who enjoys understanding and helping R&D clients with the following attributes:
- BSc, MSc or PhD in a numerate subject such as science, mathematics, or engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A good understanding of the issues faced by R&D in consumer products firms.
- Knowledge of the key concepts of a broad range of technologies, data science techniques and software development, including how these can be used to solve real research and industry challenges.
- Experience in the technical presales phases of the opportunity lifecycle.
- The ability to drive technology-intensive conversations with clients and colleagues at all levels and act as a bridge to explain and make technology relevant to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in understanding user needs through workshops, interviews, requirements analysis & process mapping and using this to shape tailored solutions, business cases and roadmaps.
- Ability to travel nationally on a regular basis and as required internationally.
- An existing network of contacts inside consumer products organisations would be an advantage.
As a member of the Hybrid Intelligence team of Capgemini Engineering you will work on a variety of innovative and rewarding projects that make a difference. Our work is a fusion of applied mathematics, scientific computing, AI, and software engineering. We deliver ground-breaking, multi-disciplinary solutions for our R&D-driven clients tackling humanity’s generational challenges, from discovering new drug treatments to harnessing green energy.
We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate individuals for who they are and value the diversity they bring to the workplace.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. It is a multicultural company of over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries.