Solutions Architect – Pre Sales Exp
Remote based however some travel may be required
Full Time – M-F – 09:00 – 17:00
My client is looking for a Solutions Architect who has a wealth of Network/ Wifi experience to join their PreSales Team.
You will require a background in a broad range of network infrastructure, ideally around the retail, SME and/or public sector environments. We specialise in the rapid mass deployment of secure digital technologies to clients with 100’s or 1,000’s of sites across the UK deploying services such as structured cabling, LAN, WAN, WLAN, PoS and Security technologies from leading global vendors. In addition to a people management role, you will have ideally had a previous hands-on role allowing an understanding not only the equipment and components required as part of a design but also the engineering and management effort required to complete the installation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of and a keen interest in retail technologies, including PoS, SCO (Self Check-Out), WiFi and Loss Prevention Solutions.
A key part of the role is to manage responses to customer requests as the technical author, understanding the customer’s requirements and converting this into a written proposal and design response document along with a priced equipment list and schedule of professional service charges for each stage of the design, deployment and support process across our portfolio, drawing from the experience and skills of the team.
Ideally, you will also possess a good understanding and practical experience of WiFi survey tools such as Ekahau and the use of sidekick to complete onsite and remote WiFi surveys and troubleshooting tasks physical on customer sites.
- Leading the pre-sales technical/functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Allocate Pre-Sales requests to yourself and the team.
- Monitor, track and provide monthly stats on activity levels and trends.
· Lead any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advise internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
- Take the lead as a technical author for client proposals
- Being the technical subject matter expert on Cisco’s, HP’s and other Networking, Wireless and Security products including features, functions, and benefits, while being able to share that knowledge with audiences at various levels of clients from IT Manager to CTO.
- Understand RF surveying techniques ideally using AirMagnet or Ekahau software.
- Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers/clients regarding the solutions at all levels.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A proven track record with ideally 5+ years in a Pre-sales/Design role designing, pricing and creating response documentation for distributed networking solutions and physical infrastructure.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, leading tender responses as the lead technical author and design authority.
- Commercially astute with the ability to create complete and detailed cost models in Excel.
- Ideally technically certified/trained to one of the major manufacturers (Cisco/HP/Juniper)
- Retail/Multi-site distributed network architecture experience preferred.
- Understand full-stack networking, ideally including wireless and LAN network deployments.
- Full understanding of wireless technologies and site surveys.
- In-depth working knowledge of TCP/IP v4 and an understanding of TCP/IP v6.
- In-depth working knowledge of WiFi surveys, installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge in Internet technologies (routing, switching and general network infrastructure)
- Knowledge/Understanding of IP CCTV Surveys, installation and configuration.
- Good working knowledge of Internet connectivity methods using copper and fibre presentation.
- A demonstrable interest in keeping abreast with technical developments in this field.
- Cisco Certifications an advantage
- Previous experience of requirements gathering, design and solution building and the ability to
- replicate this in a commercial setting
- Able to show and discuss a range of previous customer solution designs
- Be able to demonstrate familiarity with network solution designs
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations and product development
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel through sales territory.
If you are available and interested please apply today!