Vacancy: Portfolio Data Analyst
Location: UK Swindon or Royston
Together for a cleaner, healthier world.
As the Portfolio Data Analyst your primary is to support evidenced based decision making through analysis, tracking and visualisation of portfolio metrics and key performance indicators associated with both the Technology function and the New Product Introduction (NPI) business process within Hydrogen Technologies.
As global action on climate change gathers pace, so does the shift to cleaner energy sources, such as hydrogen, to provide low or zero emission power for our homes, industry and transport. Johnson Matthey's technologies are already at the heart of enabling this energy transition and we are investing further in the Clean Hydrogen space. We want to strengthen Johnson Matthey's position at the forefront of the Hydrogen Economy. We are in a fortunate position that we have a long and successful history in Hydrogen and we plan to build on our well-established and solid foundations.Were self-starters, people who take ownership and courageously embrace change to make things happen. We work in dynamic, evolving environments, anticipating changes and shaping our global markets; whilst striving to create entrepreneurial opportunities and value for our customers.
- Identify and understand the reporting and dashboard requirements for Hydrogen Technologies business process within the technology function and implement globally consistent reports
- Ensure data handling and reporting is aligned to Business quality management system requirements
- Develop, implement and maintain efficient mechanisms to enable data extraction and visualisation (in Tableau or other formats) from business data sources (e.g. Enablon, Anaqua, KeyedIn) to support Portfolio tracking and progress vs KPIs
- Collect, organise and analyse data to provide business insight into the HT NPI Project Portfolio and effectiveness of the NPI Framework. To include forecasting requirements for project duration, costing and resource based on historical data to business scenario planning.
- Prepare data outputs for use in Technology Management and NPI Framework governance meetings to track progress, manage business risk, communicate lessons learnt and celebrate success.
- Prepare technology and project data outputs to support communication and reporting requirements within sector and wider JM (e.g. R&D Reviews)
Requirements for the role:
- Degree in IT or science subject or significant experience in data analyst
- Proficient in data management and use of tools for data extraction, manipulation, storage and visualisation Tableau and Excel
- Ability to present complex information in a clear visually appealing way targeting a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of IT projects including use of agile project management principles incorporating sprints and usability testing
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Strong communication skills – oral, written communication and presentation skills
How you will be rewarded:
We offer a competitive compensation and JM Elements benefits package including bonus, excellent pension contributions and 25 days annual leave (varies for shift-based roles). Our JM Elements Benefits programme helps our employees understand and manage the JM benefits, as well as helping you focus on your overall wellbeing for you and your family.
We use our inspiring science and technology to enhance lives. For those who are passionate about sustainable solutions and shaping our markets, we offer stretch and a wealth of diverse opportunities.
Well give you freedom to bring your whole self to work and be part of a team where difference matters and all voices are heard, that genuinely cares for you and where your contribution is appreciated. Well empower you to lean in and make things happen, to create solutions and value for our customers. United by our values and vision, were self-starters sharing the same values and accountability and always with a shared commitment to doing the right thing. Were passionate about making a difference and delivering a better tomorrow for us and for you a cleaner and healthier world, today and for future generations.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.