Remote first role
Base locations include Trafford Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Successful candidates must be willing to undergo SC level Security Clearance.
The Job On Offer
- You'll undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
- Youll work with great technology the UK Government has an IT strategy based on user centric design, modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices and cloud technology to name but a few
- Youll help us achieve our vision the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector
- Youll get opportunities to develop and progress working on large scale, technically challenging projects. You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments
Are you a Platform/DevOps Engineers with an appetite to extend your knowledge and apply new skills rapidly on challenging projects? Do you have a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks? Dont worry if you havent got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then wed really like to talk to you.
Things we seek;
- Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
- Good communication skills both in written and verbal format with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Extremely sound knowledge of Linux.
- Experience of building infrastructure in AWS using Terraform
- Automation tooling such as Ansible
- Strong Understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
- Ability to converse with both internal and external stakeholders, holding the appropriate level of conversation at all times
Things we like;
- Core Networking & Loadbalancing
- Jenkins / Concourse / Gitlab CI
- Git / GitHub / GitLab
- Graphite / Grafana / ELK / Prometheus
- SQL / NO-SQL DBs
- HashiCorp (Packer / Terraform / Vault / Consul)
Why Capgemini is unique
- Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained Mental Health Champions across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
- We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
- Benefit from learning for life with Capgeminis unique and innovative L&D offering. This is driven by our digital learning platform Next and our Learning for all mindset.
- At Capgemini we offer opportunities to contribute to society, make a difference to the world and help Architects of Positive Futures. Through our sustainability framework Capgemini is at the cutting edge of helping organisations accelerate their net zero and wider sustainability ambitions.
Get the future you want
Growing clients businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine whats possible. Its why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the worlds leading businesses. And its how youll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, youll build the skills you want. And youll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of ’18 billion.